To be recognized on national and international forums as a leader in Pharmacy education, research and services that collaborates effectively with others to support the discovery, development and rational use of medications for the welfare and safety of the public.
The Department of Pharmacy is committed to provide:
- Basic education and training of students to ensure the rational use of medications
- Mentoring and training of staff members to enhance their professional competency.
- Educating patients and healthcare professionals on the safe use of medications.
- Providing health education programs to the community to prevent disease and promote public health.
- Making sound decisions supported by evidence-based medicine through research on medication use and patient safety.
- Utilizing research methods to identify the most cost-effective use of medications.
- Initiating and supporting interdisciplinary collaborative research.
5 Years Pharm-D (Doctor of Pharmacy)
First Professional Pharm-D 50 students (Male 33, Female 17)
(The department has been established in October. 2013)
The department has modern laboratories outfitted with sophisticated equipments and other facilities to carry out the necessary lab work in Basic Medical Sciences, Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Pharmaceutics.