The Department of Law is among the departments which were established with the formation of Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan in 2009. The primary objective of the Law department is to promote and facilitate “Law” in society and produce law researchers and scholars. Acknowledgement of law is essential to streamline and maintain law and order in society. The Department of Law of Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan is equipped with well qualified, foreign-trained young faculty members; who firmly believe that not only academic excellence but professional competence acquired through experience and practice with efficient lawyers is the main yardstick of success.
In this modern era, the study of law has numerous benefits. Firstly, it gives awareness of the right and duties of a person. Secondly, it helps society to produce law-abiding citizens. Law is a system of rules and guidelines which are enforced through the social institution to govern behaviour, wherever possible. The law faculty is working hard to promote legal education and to uplift politics, economics and society in numerous ways and to serve as a social mediator of relations between people.
To upraise the law department, and transform it into “Clinical Legal Education”
- To establish a unique department of Research and academic excellence in law in Pakistan.
- Bring together colleagues with mutual research interest and provide them with an institutional home for their work.
- Flag, Publicize and market to the world at large, the research strengths housed under the department.
- Carve a distinctive identity for its members within the wider academic fraternity.
To link up colleagues, whose work transcends various areas of public and private law.
To act as a focus for the pursuit of research and teaching interest in all areas of legal issues.
- LLM Program.
- PhD Program.
- Moot Courses.
- Diplomas in Various subjects of Law.
- Transformation the Law Department into Legal Educational Clinic.
- Subscription to E-Law Library Links.
To upraise the Law Department to its height, and transform it into “Clinical Legal Education”.
- Kashmir Day on 05th February 2011.
- Human Rights day 10 Dec 2011.
- Cricket Match between Law and Political Science Department, which was won by the Department of Law.
- Law Student Tour for Takth Bhai & they enjoyed all the historical & archaeological sites.
- Farewell and Welcome Party at Riffat Mahal, which was also attended by the Honorable Vice-Chancellor Prof. Dr Ihsan Ali.
SEMINARS & SYMPOSIUMS
- Workshop on “plagiarism” conducted by the Department of Law with the collaboration of NRC & HEC Islamabad.
- Seminar on “IELTS” conducted by URC and theDepartment of Law.
- Seminar on “Prisoners of War and Islam” mutually conducted By ICRC, Islamiyat and Department of Law.
Achievements / Honors
Six Faculty Members of Department of Law i.e. Syed Raza Shah Gilani, Mr Muhammad Aqeel Khan, Mr Ashraf Ali, Mr Muhammad Zubair, Ms Sadia Khattak & Mr Abdus Samad Khan have been sent to Brunel University, the United Kingdom for a Six Weeks “Summer Refresher Programme”.