Sustainable, safe and nutritious food for all in a continuous changing world.
To produce high-quality graduates that are creative, knowledgeable and innovative who can promote industry, academia, and/or government organizations to guarantee availability and access to food for the coming generations.
To provide assistance to the stakeholders linked to Food Science and Technology through workshops, demonstrations and seminars.
To lead and promote cutting edge research in the field of Food Science and
Technology to help food industries and consumers.
Food is eaten all over the world and has great future prospects in industrialized nations, such as America, Europe, Australia, China and Middle East. In Pakistan, a food scientist can acquire a job in,
- Agricultural Provincial & Federal Government Departments
- Research Organizations
- Multinational & Local Food Industry
- Public & Private Sector Food Testing Laboratories
- Food Regulatory & Certification Organizations
- Food Authorities
- Colleges and Universities
- Small Business Development Agencies
- Dairy Development Sector
- Hotel Industry
- Food Ingredient Suppliers
In the mentioned fields a Food Scientist can work as,
- Food Inspector
- Quality Control and Quality Assurance Officer
- Production and Processing Manager
- New Product Development Manager
- Lecturer & Professor
Hence, there are more job opportunities for a Food Science graduates compared to most of the fields.