Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan (AWKUM) is one of the most prestigious university in this part of the land and recently truly acknowledged by “Times Higher Education World University Ranking”, who ranked AWKUM No 1 in Pakistan and 510th amongst top universities of the world. The Department of Islamic Studies was established on the first day of AWKUM inception on February 25, 2009. The Islamic Studies Programs for undergraduate (BS) and Postgraduate (MA/MPhil & PhD) levels at AWKUM emphasize the study of all aspects of Islamic Education and aims to promote teaching and understanding of the Holy Quran, Hadith and Fiqh especially in the context to Research. Our Offered Programs are intellectually, spiritually, and humanly linked to the sources of Islamic revelation. Along with contemporary and methodical teaching aids, it seeks to preserve traditional elements of Muslim education with ethical, intellectual, and research-oriented guidance.
To make the department of Islamic studies of AWKUM a center of excellence for value-based research and education on Islamic Ideology to revive the glorious past of Muslim Ummah in the world.
To establish the Islamic Studies Department of AWKUM as the Centre of Excellence in Pakistan to impart quality education, Ethical values and research through well trained and qualified teaching faculty based while pursuing the principles set by the role model Prophet (PBH).
- To impart quality education and research through well-qualified and trained teaching faculty.
- To enable, the young scholars to address the issues of the modern age in Muslim societies.
- To produce scholars equipped with a broad range of Islamic disciplines that primarily includes the historic understanding of the Holy Quran, Hadith, and Fiqh etc.
- To acquaint scholars with the latest Research Methodologies and problem-solving techniques/approaches.
- To extend the horizon of scholars’ knowledge so that they may be able to contribute to the wellbeing of humanity by arranging national/international level conferences, seminars, symposiums, and workshops etc.
- To build research scholar’s capacity in Public Policy Development with Islamic vision
- To develop personality by emphasizing on inculcation of Islamic ethical values amongst scholars
This department has proved itself as a center of knowledge, research, and scholastic pursuits not only for the inhabitants of the province but for the entire country due to which it has been attracted many talented students.
The main accomplishments of the department up to date are:
- The department has produced 35 PhD and 150 MPhil Scholars up to date while 50 and 60 Scholars are in pipeline, respectively.
- The total number of articles being published in HEC Recognized and Impact Factor Journals exceed 300.
- The total number of Research Books and Monographs being Published are exceeded 100.
- The department has been launched a Biannual Peer Reviewed HEC Recognized Journal in the “X” Category.
- The department has been Availed 02 Research Projects from HEC (each of 0.5 Million) Successfully Completed.
- The department has been Organized 50 Research Workshops/Symposiums/Seminars and Conferences at the National and International Level.
- Most of the Faculty members have Participated in 50 National and International Conferences.
- The Department has been succeeded in winning the Best University and Best Researcher Awards from HEC.
- The department has been Signed MOU with Eskisehir Osman Ghazi University Turkey and IIU KL Malaysia and so many other organizations of the National and international level are in pipeline.