Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan (AWKUM)
Overseas PhD Scholarships for Faculty Development
Applications are invited from eligible candidates having valid domicile of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa for Overseas PhD Scholarships in technologically advanced countries in the following Disciplines:
(1) Management Sciences (2) English (3) Health & Physical Education (4) Physics (5) Zoology (6) Education (7) Political Science (8) Computer Science (9) Sociology (10) Geology (11) Tourism & Hospitality (12) Economics (13) Statistics (14) Chemistry (15) Mathematics (16) Botany (17) Bio-Technology (18) Pharmacy
Basic Eligibility Criteria:
- The Candidate must have a degree with minimum 16 years of education with maximum two second divisions in academic career.
- Maximum age on closing date of application is 35 years, except for people working on regular basis in Public Sector whose maximum age limit is 40 years by closing date of submission of application.
- The Candidate who are already availing any other HEC/Govt./University Scholarship are not eligible to apply.
- The Candidate having 16 years of education must qualify the local GAT (General) with at least 50% Marks.
- The Candidate having 18 years of education must qualify the local GAT (Subject) with at least 60% Marks with 60% percentile.
- The Candidate applying for Overseas PhD Scholarship must have a valid IELTS Score Card of 6.5 Band with at least 5.5 Band in each module or equivalence in case of TOEFL.
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the prescribed application form:-
- Attested photocopies of all educational testimonials.
- Attested photocopy of CNIC.
- Research Proposal.
- Statement of Purpose.
- Attested copy of GAT (General/Subject) valid score card.
- Original Deposit slip of Rs. 1,000/-
- Scholarships will be awarded on merit basis.
- Govt. employee should apply through proper channel.
- Incomplete applications or applications received after the due date will not be entertained.
- Candidates having MS/MPhil degree (18 years of education) will be preferred.
- The candidates short-listed on merit will be called for interview by the University Selection Board.
- The Awardees will have to execute a bond with the AWKUM to serve in AWKUM for at least 04 years after completion of the study.
- Selected candidates other than faculty members of AWKUM will be offered faculty positions which they shall join with in the required time.
- The selected candidates will only be paid stipend not salary during the study period.
- Visa arrangements will be the responsibility of the selected candidates, however AWKUM will facilitate where possible.
- The University reserves the right to increase/decrease the number of seats or cancel them without showing any reason.
Last Date for Submission of Application:
Application Form can be obtained from the office of Planning & Development Department, Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan. The Form can also be downloaded from "CLICK TO DOWNLOAD". Printed copy of the application form, complete in all respects along with a Bank Deposit Slip of Rs. 1,000/-(non-refundable) in favour of Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan A/C No. 01-167-0007-8 (Allied Bank Limited, Mardan Cantt.) as processing fee, should reach the undersigned by March 30, 2012.
Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan
Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan
Phone No. 0937-9230634
||Click to Download Form